Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Procrastination

I am procrastinating.

Again.

Does everyone do this, I wonder?

Sure, I've been procrastinating about the usual things I get tired of doing, like cleaning and laundry and filing paperwork.
The monotony of those things automatically make them perfect for the Perpetual Waiting List, and quite honestly, I don't feel all that guilty about putting off any of them.

But it's not as if I'm just putting off things I don't want to do.

I am also dragging my feet about reading a book I need to review, which is something I usually enjoy.
And I am putting off doing other reading and writing-related things, all of which I have been anxious to get to.

Now that I've given up one of my three part-time jobs/activities, I had hoped to feel a bit rejuvenated, or at least less burnt out and more raring-to-go.
But, no, apparently it's not so easy.
I am still tempted to spend my evening site-hopping or tv watching, when I should be working on either of my works-in-progress, or writing an essay or a review, or...(ahem) composing a more meaningful blog post.

I don't know why I am so unproductive, when I have every reason and desire to be more productive right now...

What do you do when you feel unmotivated?
When you know you can make the time for things, and you really do want to, but you just...don't.
How do you pull yourself out of it and get going again?
If you have any suggestions, I would welcome them!

Meanwhile, I suppose I will continue to procrastinate while simultaneously wallowing in self-pity over my procrastinating ways.

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment