Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

2011 has arrived!

I, for one, couldn't be happier to bid farewell to 2010 and welcome in a new year, and a new start.

So many wonderful blogs out there have posted today, with wise and thoughtful reflections on the past year and the one to come (for a perfect example, see my friend's post for today, here ).

I don't know that I'm feeling quite as eloquent today, and I certainly couldn't say it better, so instead I will simply share a few of my own hopes for the year to come:

I hope to remember that every day is a new opportunity to set aside mistakes and misjudgements and move forward with new wisdom. 

I hope to remind myself when I open my eyes each day that every sunrise brings another opportunity to be who I want to be.

I hope to remember that I am not responsible for everyone and everything, and that I don't want to be.

I hope I'll learn how to tap into my own inner peace, which I know is there, so that I can better handle the unexpected or volatile situations that come my way.

I hope to do what I can when I can, and to know when to step aside.

I hope that whatever comes my way, I will find it within myself to handle it with graceful acceptance.

And I hope that each and every one of you will see your own wishes, dreams and hopes fulfilled this coming year.

Happy New year!  :)

2 comments:

  1. I think that sounds like a plan! And I've definitely learned that the only thing I have any control over is the thing that has absolutely no outside influences.

    Which technically, is nothing!

    So all we can do is try to find the best in things.

    Happy New Year, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely right! There's not much we *can* control (much as we may try), so sometimes the best we can do is focus on the positive as much as we can.

    Happy New Year to you, too! :)

    ReplyDelete